We want you to share where you are walking, riding or running within the Yarra Ranges.
Post a photo of yourself getting your hour of exercise each day within your 5km area. Whether it’s exercising on your favourite trail or just around your local streets – just make sure you’re following Stage 4 restrictions.
How to enter
- Post a photo on Facebook or Instagram showing where you like to exercise in your local area (if you’re under 18, you’ll need to enter your photo via our form, with parent permission)
- Tag @yrcouncil and #activelivingyarraranges on your post
- Post a photo before Monday 21 September 2020 to go into the draw to win one of the following three prizes.
- Fruit and Veg hamper from Yarra Valley Gateway estate (valued at $100)
- Art and Craft kit from Marbry Craft Supplies (valued at $50)
- Neck tube/Face covering from Girt by Dirt (valued at $35)
Stage 4 Restrictions
- Limiting your exercise to once a day and for only one hour
- Staying within 5km from home for shopping and exercise
- Wearing a mask when you leave home – you can take your mask off when running
- Only exercising with one other person you live with or a friend or family member
If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who can’t be left unattended they may accompany you when exercising.
Photos need to be posted by Monday 21 September. To be counted as entered into the competition you need to post a photo of where you like to walk, ride or run in Yarra Ranges Council on Facebook or Instagram and tag @yrcouncil and #activelivingyarraranges.
The draw for the competition will be conducted on Thursday 24 September and will be drawn randomly by an independent person. The three winning photos will be contacted via direct message on Facebook or Instagram by Friday 2 October.
By entering in the competition you acknowledge your photo may be used by Yarra Ranges Council on social media and the Yarra Ranges Council website for promotional purposes of this competition. We will not hold any of these photos.
The competition will exclude all Councillors and Council employees. Prizes offered are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The winner of a prize may be substituted via a second draw in circumstances where reasonable efforts to identify the winner were unsuccessful.
Still Life Yarra Ranges
Yarra Ranges Council is also running the Still Life project which aims to capture what life has been like for community members during Covid-19. You can submit your moments and stories of what COVID-19 has been for you on the Still Life website.