Clandestine Laboratory Squad detectives yesterday charged two people following the discovery of a clandestine laboratory and seizure of cash in Port Melbourne on Wednesday.
A 29-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man, both from Port Melbourne have each been charged with:
• Knowingly deal with proceeds of crime;
• Traffick large commercial quantity of methylamphetamine;
• Traffick drug of dependence – commercial quantity;
• Traffic commercial quantity – -cocaine;
• Possess/carry/use unregistered general category handgun; and
• Possess substance, material, document or equipment for traffick.
The charges follow the execution of five search warrants at residential and commercial properties in Port Melbourne and Brunswick West on Wednesday, 18 November.
Police seized two vehicles, a handgun, a number of kilograms of drugs, a substantial quantity of glassware and precursor chemicals consistent with the manufacture of illicit drugs and what is believed to be approximately $13 million in cash at a property on Turville Place.
The pair appeared at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court and have both been remanded to re-appear on 11 February 2021.